Tuesday, September 7, 2010

In Class: Ethos Artifact

Our homework over the weekend was to bring in an artifact that appealed to our ethos. Ethos is described as our ethics and morals. It took me a while to find/ think of an artifact to bring in. I was looking around my room to try and find something that could work for the assignment. I finally decided on bringing in my passport. I think it represents my ethos and character.
First of all I consider myself to be an American. Second I consider myself to be well traveled and this represents that. It appeals to everyone in the class- although not everyone is probably an american. Longstory short, you have to have a legal passport to be able to go to TCU so it will appeal to everyone.

1 comment:

  1. A passport is a great example of ethos. It says exactly what you explained, but it also says that you probably travel internationally or will travel internationally soon. Being a world citizen and knowing more than just America definitely increases your ethos in my book.

    ReplyDelete