Thursday, September 9, 2010

Unit 1 Proposal


For my public space analysis I choose to write about the BLUU. I find this space appealing because it is considered the TCU student union, the center of campus. Since I am a senior, I was around when the old student union was around and I can bring that perspective to my paper. Another reason I chose the BLUU is because I believe it will appeal to everyone at TCU.
Since the BLUU is the student union and a hang out area, I expect to find a wide variety of TCU students in this area. I expect to mostly find underclassmen because of the location- freshmen and sophomore dorms are close by. Since I am a TCU student I consider myself to be part of the target audience. I have been to the BLUU a few time over the past year to get food from 1873 or to meet up with underclassmen friends. I don't think any of these experiences will influence my observation in any way. Perhaps the only pre-conceived ideas that I could have might be from my experiences from the old student union. I expect to go in and do my observations with an open mind. I also plan on talking to my teacher about overcoming any pre-conceived ideas that I have. I am really looking forward to writing this essay and making arguments.

1 comment:

  1. I think the BLUU is a Great idea. Students from all walks of life go there to eat and hang out, so there should be awesome people watching opportunities. I miss the old student union, with the pasta bar and Eden's.

    ReplyDelete